Diesel Generator Set Components
MTU Onsite Energy generator set controllers are highly advanced and integrated. They can withstand almost any environment and remain flexible to meet your needs. The device provides generator set control, metering, protection, fault-alarm-status indication, event recording, system-auxiliary drive controls and programmable logic in a simple, easy-to-use, reliable, rugged and cost-effective package. Communication with the engine governor is performed via bus protocol. Our controllers also provide advanced functionality for parallel operation with utility.
- Multilingual capability
- Battery backup for Real Time Clock (RTC)
- Wide ambient temperature range
- System monitoring
- Engine metering and protection
- System measurement, protection and supervision
- Intuitive and powerful Microsoft® Windows® based control panel communication software
- Timer, counters
- Remote communications
- Remote monitoring
Several preconfigured application control setups are available in the following configurations:
- Terminal box—Connections for external controller.
- Single generator set without utility—Control variant for a generator set in isolated operation mode
- Single generator set with ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) —Utility monitoring with emergency start option
- Single generator set with electrical interlock circuit breakers—Generator set operated with two electrically interlocked breakers, controlled by the digital controller
- Generator sets in parallel island operation—After the start signal is given, the generator sets (up to 16) start, synchronize and switch on automatically
- DGC-2020 Digital Controller Data Sheet (PDF, 617 KB)
- Master Control Panel Data Sheet (PDF, 248 KB)
- MGC Series Controller Comparison Data Sheet (PDF, 95 KB)
- MGC-1500 Series Controller Data Sheet (PDF, 310 KB)
- MGC-2000 Series Controller Data Sheet (PDF, 412 KB)
- MGC-3000 Series Controller Data Sheet (PDF, 442 KB)
- RDP-110 Data Sheet (PDF, 180 KB)
Automatic transfer switches
With decades of power generation expertise and over a century of diesel engine experience, MTU Onsite Energy offers industry-leading dependability. To ensure that you can access all that power when it’s needed, MTU Onsite Energy Automatic Transfer Switches are engineered with the same high standards.
We offer several advanced MTU Onsite Energy Automatic Transfer Switches (40-4000A) designed to quickly and safely transfer critical loads from one power source to another, ensuring sustainable uptime. They’re designed for easy service and operation. Certifications include ICE, UL Listed, IBC/OSHPD and CSA Certified.
Automatic Transfer Switches
- ATS Optional Accessories List (PDF, 65 KB)
- ATS Product Overview DEC099 (PDF, 282 KB)
- MBTS MBTSD MBTSCT Transfer Bypass Isolation Transfer Switches Reference Sheet PB5068 (PDF, 402 KB)
- MTG SER Automatic Transfer Switches Reference Sheet PB1301 (PDF, 774 KB)
- MTG Transfer Switch Reference Sheet PB1201 (PDF, 585 KB)
- MTS Transfer Switch Reference Sheet PB5066 (PDF, 548 KB)
- MTSCT Closed Transition Transfer Switches Reference Sheet PB5069 (PDF, 317 KB)
- MTSD Delayed Transfer Switches Reference Sheet PB5067 (PDF, 310 KB)
- MTX Transfer Switch Reference Sheet PB1601 (PDF, 356 KB)
- DGC-2020 Base Loading with Utility Operation Instructions (PDF, 0.9 MB)
- DGC-2020 Generator to Generator in Island Operation Instructions (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- DGC-2020 Generator to Generator with Utility Operation Instructions (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- DGC-2020 Peak Shaving with Utility Operation Instructions (PDF, 0.9 MB)
- MGC-3000 Series Base Loading with Utility Operation Instructions (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- MGC-3000 Series Generator to Generator in Island Operation Instructions (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- MGC-3000 Series Generator to Generator with Utility Operation Instructions (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- MGC-3000 Series Peak Shaving with Utility Operation Instructions (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- PAG Base Loading with Utility (PDF, 244 KB)
- PAG Gen to Gen in Island (PDF, 319 KB)
- PAG Gen to Gen with Utility (PDF, 320 KB)
- PAG Paralleling without MTU Components (PDF, 132 KB)
- PAG Peak Shaving with Utility (PDF, 184 KB)
- Rental Generator to Generator in Island Operation Instructions (PDF, 14.8 MB)
BESTCOMSPlus© - version 3.07.00 (EXE, 104 MB)
Windows-based software allows programming of the MGC Series and DGC-2020 control panels.
Activation key required for download.
DGC-1000 - version 2.08.02 (ZIP, 6.9 MB)
Windows-based software allows programming of the DGC-1000 control panel.
DGC-500 - version 1.05.02 (ZIP, 6.4 MB)
Windows-based software allows programming of the DGC-500 control panel.
DVR2000E - version 1.06.04 (ZIP, 4.5 MB)
Marathon Digital Voltage Regulator DVR2000E Software.
DVR2000E+ - version 1.5 (ZIP, 582 KB)
Marathon Digital Voltage Regulator DVR2000E+ software.