Gas Generator Set Components
MTU Onsite Energy offers a range of system components that are perfectly tailored to its gas gensets and modules, including:
- Oxidization catalyst
- Sound enclosure
- Additional external oil system
- Gas preparation
- Gas compression
- External cooling system
- Additional heat exchanger unit (S4000)
- Exhaust gas heat exchanger
- Gas train
- Gas safety equipment (including general gas safety concept)
Systems integration of auxiliary drives and electrical connections
The MMC offers a range of connections and control options, such as hot water pumps, mixed cooling water pumps, extractor fan control, gas warning system, lubricant system, smoke detector and gas compressor.
Systems integration of multi-unit plants
A wide range of interface protocols (Ethernet, Profi bus DP, 3964R, Modbus RTU) helps connect the system to additional power generation equipment. The MMC can run as a master control for different Onsite Energy products (ex. combination of CHP-unit and emergency diesel genset) or products from different suppliers (ex. combination of Onsite Energy gas genset and another supplier).
Engineering for systems integration
Onsite Energy Gas Power Systems can be engineered to connect the gas power unit to the interfacing system, such as ventilation, heating circuit, electric circuit or gas circuit. For maximum performance from systems integration, MTU Onsite Energy can supply a turnkey plant.
In addition to gas engine power generation systems for use in buildings, we also provide container genset units. These turnkey systems are compact, flexible and ideal for mobile power generation or for applications that lack space for a complete gas engine system. When producing electricity from natural gas, installing a container unit can be a smart alternative to permanently installing a static system in a generator room.
Our standardized container genset is designed to meet the requirements of a variety of applications. The container includes:
- Generator set
- Switchgear, including control and monitoring system
- All necessary connection and supply systems (ventilation, lubricant supply, heat recovery, etc.)
Like all MTU Onsite Energy systems, container gensets are capable of fully automatic and continuous operation. The systems start up automatically whenever there is an adequate quantity of gas available with minimum methane content, and shut down again automatically when the gas supply is insufﬁcient.
We offer two types of containers:
- Power Containers generate only electrical energy and are ideal for remote locations or areas with unreliable power supply
- Combined heat and power units (CHP) are ideal for operators whose processes require thermal and electrical energy
- Cutting-edge, proven and eco-friendly gas engine technology for maximum efﬁciency and reliability
- Turnkey design that does not require additional buildings
- Flexible unit assembly system based on standardized modules and synchronized components
- Readily available, compact turnkey plug & play solution
- Full support from worldwide service network
- Quality certiﬁed under ISO 9001 and DIN EN ISO 14001